Thursday, October 3, 2013

31 days of Beautiful// Why I chose to make "Beautiful" my topic.

 
You know I really didn't have time to think  about this whole blogging every day a month thing. And to be honest I'm not even 100% positive that I'm gonna be able to blog every day this month. But you can bet yourselves that I'm gonna try my hardest.

While I was doing my daily blog reading I noticed that a lot of  my blogging  friends were doing this 31 day of October challenge. Where you pick a topic to write about and then write about that topic everyday for the whole month of October.

When I first read that I thought "Wow, what a pretty cool challenge!"  And just decided to give it a try. Just so you know I am not the kinda of person that would just decide to do something out of the blue. Especially something you'd have to be this dedicated for. Because my goal isn't just to write blog posts, it isn't just about writing words.

I have a goal to write from my heart with each and every post. I have a goal to inspire someone with each post, to encourage them, and to make their day a little brighter with The Love of Jesus.

And to really mediate like that every day. It's gonna be hard work. But with the inspiration of Christ and His Strength. I can do this!

I didn't give myself much time to think of what to write about for this month.. To be honest I didn't even pray about it before He already gave me the topic. "All things beautiful".

Because we live in a dark world. With negativity, fear, worries that tries it's hardest to destroy even the smallest candle of light.

And plus I feel as though you pretty much have no limits when it comes to beauty.. Because I try my hardest to see the beauty in everything!

I chose to write about beauty for 31 days to encourage and reveal what beauty really is!

It's not Photoshopped.

It's not flawless.

It's not skinny or curvy.

It's not a zit free face.

It's all about Jesus and who He is in us.

It's about the beautiful things He has created that so many have took for granted.

It's about choosing to find the beauty of joy in not so beautiful circumstances.

And it's about the beauty of being completely sold out to Christ.

Will you join me this month as we experience the beauty of this life this month. And never stop!

                                            Much love, Darling!
                                              xoxo- Heather


5 comments:

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

Good for you! I couldn't blog everyday if my life depended on it!

reeree7 said...

I love the topic you chose to write about for 31 days! I can't wait to read more! :)

Ceil said...

Hi Heather! Thank you for explaining this 31 day challenge. I had seen it on a lot of other blogs too, and I really didn't know what it was.

What a challenge! Just to be faithful to writing every day. I like that you will give yourself permission to skip if you have to... but his beauty is a wonderful topic.

Looking forward to reading more on your blog this month!
Ceil

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

Okay so I love this post! I think in the blogging world there are so many "perfect" people out there (okay, or people that at least appear perfect.) and it's always inspiring to see someone who is real! I'm super excited to be a new follower! xoxo

Rachel said...

I like the twist you're taking on this challenge! All of these different 31 days posts have been so inspiring to me!