Wednesday, October 2, 2013

31 days of Beautiful// You are beautiful.


Hello lovelies, Today I am writing my first post on my 31 days of beautiful series  I'm super excited about it!
Today I'm going to be talking about physical beauty.. The kind of beauty that seems to matter most in this world and the the kind of beauty that really seems to matter less to God.

Physical Beauty.. Why is it so important? Perhaps because so many people have made their physical beauty their identity, perhaps they think it's all they have going for them, or perhaps some believe they will never be truly happy in life if they are not physically beautiful.

Growing up in a house full of girls with only two poor boys. I've quickly noticed how important physical beauty is to women. I remember my older sister spending hours on her make up/getting dressed/doing her hair. And I remember the tears that were cried by my poor younger sister who would hide in the bathroom crying because someone pointed out a flaw on  her beautiful face.

I myself have had major insecurity issues because I didn't qualify myself as beautiful. I didn't even think I was close to it. And because of that I was desperate to find a way to be beautiful I was willing to take a path that could eventually harm myself. I've always felt insecure about my weight. But somehow after taking two weight loss pills daily and surviving on slim fast drinks every other day I somehow felt better about myself.. That lack of nutrition and weakness flowing through my body from lack of food felt amazing. As long as I felt skinny I was happy.

Looking back at myself and how ridiculous I was for thinking that way makes me shake my head at myself and how I was acting. I was so focused on feeling skinny that ruining my own body was an option. It's sick really and even more sickening is that so many women and young women are going through the same thing and the media encourages it, even inspires it. Planting the need to be skinny in the minds of so many. Leaving us so obsessed with with how we look physically we forget to leave room for the most important thing to work on beautifying. Our heart.

 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”  1 Samuel 16:7

Ladies, The media is a place that lies and deceives. It tricks you and tells you that you need to fix yourself before you can feel good about yourself. It tells you that you'll never feel good about yourself  unless you buy this beauty product that's way out of your budget, it tells you that you'll never be happy about your fashion style until you wear these five hundred dollar boots, and that you'll never be truly beautiful until you have been photo shopped and completely flawless..

Can I tell you something Sisters?  The world is full of liars that are on a mission to make you feel horrible about yourself. They are of the world and you don't have to fall victim for it.
The reason why we believe these things are not because they are true (Because they're far from it!) but because after hearing it and reading it we speak these things over ourselves. And when we keep telling ourselves we'll never be happy until I  _______ . We start to believe it with all our heart. And that's a problem.

But be of good cheer Darling and keep your chin up. Because even though you may be thinking negative about yourself right now God is thinking VERY differently about you!

He says you're beautiful.
So the King will greatly desire your beauty; Because He is your Lord, worship Him.
                                                                                           - Psalms 45:11

He knows everything about you! Even the hair on your head he has numbered.
But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. - Luke 12:7

He has searched you and known you, He knows your every thought and every desire. He is always where you are. His thoughts for you are so precious to Him.. They are so full of Mighty Love that our hearts are not even close to contain it!
                                    -Psalms 139

My sisters, there are so many words in this Awesome word of God's unfailing love for you! So many I don't even think this post could handle. But may I encourage you to read some of this truth next time the media tries to steal your joy? And to start speaking The thoughts of Jesus over yourself?  It's incredibly life changing once you know that you are beautiful.

And not because of your physical beauty. I honestly don't think that's what Jesus is referring to. Even though we are all physically beautiful because God created us in His image. But I believe what Jesus means by beauty is our hearts. 

The Lord made it very clear in the scripture about that He doesn't look at the physical body, but He looks at the heart.. Now I'll be the first to admit that I sometimes get to carried away with outward beauty and not focus enough on inward beauty. The world has gotten the hang of making outward beauty it's focus. Which as always a total opposite of God's way, and thoughts.


 "Rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." 1 Peter 3:4

The heart is so much more precious to our First Love than  physical beauty ladies.  Now, I'm not saying we shouldn't wear make up, or dress fashionably. I believe God wants us to look our best and dress our best. Because we represent Him. But He doesn't want us to make it our main focus.. He doesn't want physical beauty to go through our minds 24/7. Because to Him it's not beautiful at all.

Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.  -Proverbs 31:30


So, my darlings, I want to encourage you today. I want you to know that YOU.ARE.BEAUTIFUL!

Not because the world says so, not because I say so, not because of your wardrobe, make up products, weight loss, or weight gain, not even because of who you are but because of who Jesus is in you. And He has made you absolutely flawless girl! He thinks you're beautiful love! And I just happen to agree with Him! Because it would be totally a bad idea to disagree with The King of kings.


                                       Much love to you today, Beautiful!
                                                    xoxo-Heather. 

you are beautiful. by the love shop on etsy

No comments: