Monday, October 8, 2012

I know where I'm supposed to be.

 the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things— that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,            Titus 2:3-4

These last couple of weeks I have been seeking God on what He wants me to do in ministry.
Of course my main ministry is to my Honey bear smookems and to my children ( Who will be entering the world in exactly a month I must add!)  But I felt like I was being called to do so much more! But what that was, I had no idea. Until now! Well, yesterday actually. I have always had a passion to minister to young women. Ever since I was eighteen. I would dream about having Bible studies with younger girls at my house. And encouraging them to fight the good fight! But I wasn't one hundred percent sure that was my calling in life. Until yesterday at Church I found out it really was! I've been praying for God to reveal this to me and like always He has never failed me. He was just waiting for the right moment to tell me.
 It was during the end of Church service. Our Pastor called people up to be prayed over that needed a special touch. I wasn't going up there for prayer but to lay hands on some of the ladies that needed prayer. The Lord revealed to me that this is my ministry through my Pastor. He gave me that look he always gives when The Lord has pressed on His heart to do something. And he called me closer and said. "This is your ministry" and he looked at our youth. Yes, I admit I was crying my eyes out yesterday. Which isn't something I normally do. I walked into the church wearing makeup and walked out all naturally ;). I'm so glad I finally know where I am supposed to be in the Church. To be a minister, a sister and a best friend to the younger generation of women. I wish I could say I knew this the whole time. But I can be stubborn. I mean God had to pretty much tell me to my face that I would marry Leon.. Actually He did! Well, through His people anyway. I don't know what exactly God wants me to do in Young women's ministry but you know what? I'm just gonna run with it and give it everything I got! Because God will use everything I have and everything He is in me! I honestly can't get more excited about this journey.

No comments: