Friday, February 8, 2013

The day I got engaged.

It was the day I had an interview to get a job at Panera Bread on November 19th 2010. Leon came over a few hours earlier to see me off. I had no idea why but I was super nervous.. I haven't had a real job since I was 16 at a Dairy Queen (Worst working experience  ever!) After that I watched my niece and cousins until I hit 19. He was super supportive. Saying "You got this Heather,  go get it!" I wish I was more supportive of myself back then.


After he left I headed to my interview. And after sitting there and waiting for three hours for the manager to come interview me I got the job! I was so extremely happy to be working at one of my most favorite places ever! When I got home to my surprise Leon's car was in the drive way. I was happy he was there but I thought it was quite odd that he's at my house after he just left.. As I walked in he was all dressed up in one of my favorite outfits on him. "So, did you get it?" I laughed and replied "Yes!"  He was so happy and mentioned we should celebrate by going for a walk in the woods. Now before that sounds a bit creepy to you. He could not have made me happier by saying that! Not only do I love going on walks. These particular woods were my favorite woods to adventure in because there, I would have my Jesus walks. There was the place I talked to Jesus all those days about my future husband before I met him, after I met him and of course  while I was dating him. It was also the place where my spiritual sister Krista and I prayed and fellowshiped together for the very first time. This was one special place so of course I said "Yes!"  I should have caught on by my mothers excitement to get me out of the house to walk in the woods (Alone) with my boyfriend. But it's obvious to many people that I don't catch on to things very well!  As we were walking  I noticed Leon had his bible with him. "Do you have a word for me love?" I asked with excitement! "I guess you'll have to wait and see!"  Leon said laughing.   As we sat down on my favorite bench (Which was technically  a log) he handed me his bible and said "Why don't you look up Jeremiah 29:11." Which has been our foundational verse since the day we got together. As I got to it I noticed a beautiful shiny ring in between the page and suddenly he got on his knees next to me and said with his handsome voice "Heather, I love you, will you marry me?" And without a silence in between I said "Yes" And we hugged for like 15 minutes because we have not yet kissed. This is my story of how Leon asked me to marry him. And I wouldn't trade this story for anything. It was the most romantic and most personal.

2 comments:

Jess said...

This is SO sweet and so very thoughtful! What an amazing way to propose & glorify the Lord at the same time!

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

Thanks Girl!! That is definitely our goal in our relationship. To glorify God in everything we do! Xoxo