Friday, September 7, 2012

Will my true identity please stand up!

Today's "Digging Deeper" is about knowing our identity in Jesus Christ.
“No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.” – John 15:15

I think one of the most important advice I could give to a young woman is to know her identity. To know who she is in Christ.. The world tries the best of it's ability to try and convince you of who they think you are. They try and tell you what size you should be, what dream you should be going after,  what personality you should have, what you should wear, and what you have to do to be better. But if only you knew who you
were in Christ those things wouldn't matter.. When you know who you are in Christ. There are no limits! Yes, He's that Awesome! Which is why personally I have been on a journey to take that extra step in knowing who I am in Christ. It is a journey I have been on for a little over a year now and I still don't think I have put a dent in it yet! Jesus has so many opinions and thoughts towards me sometimes it's hard to wrap it all around my head, you know? How could a God of the universe love me unconditionally? Why would a God of the universe want to clear His calender so He can spend that day with me,  why would a God of the universe  have a picture of me written on His hand, and why would My Jesus come to earth and sacrifice Himself so that I may live eternally with Him? Sounds so unreal right? Doesn't sound like reality when in fact nothing else is more honest! 

It's not a reality to us because we were raised in a worldly manner. We see magazines that tell us that we need to look like a certain girl to be a babe, we have other piers that tell us that we have to do a certain act to be cool, we have family members giving us limits on what we can and cannot accomplish, and even worse we have parents that are supposed to be the very example loving us and giving us attention based our actions. The world tries to give us so many identities running around that we don't even know who we are. "Will my true identity please stand up!"

I think one of the biggest mistakes I have made in my lifetime was seeking my identity in others. I would see a quality, a personality, a fashion statement, a physical look and try to claim it as my own because of my insecurity. If I had a picture to demonstrate what that looked like. It would be me with so many names attached to my body. But spiritually and mentally it dried me. I didn't know what I liked and what I didn't, I wasn't sure of what I stood for. I was broken. I have searched for my identity in so many people that I didn't even know who I was. Until I searched for my identity by the one who not only knew it, but designed it! My Lord and creator. And I have never been the same since that day I found my identity in Him. Now is my journey over? Of course not! And honestly I don't think it will ever be over until I go home to be with Him. And I'm completely fine with that. Because everyday just gets more exciting as He not only shares with me something new about myself but even more awesome He shares with me more about Himself as well! He is just Amazing! 

If we (women) only  knew who we really were instead of going by the standards of what people are telling us we should be, and not only that but showing and sharing with our next generation. I believe that we would be much more confident and stronger and much more happy with ourselves. It's kinda hard to be happy with your looks,personality, and wardrobe if your going by a worldly standard because their standard constantly changes. It's never good enough. But Jesus loves us for who we are and who we are in Him. He looks at us with incomparable beauty. And I'm passionate to go deeper on this subject with scripture and sermons not only for myself but for everyone around me.

So, I have felt led to put aside a day on my blog for this matter. Not only to encourage myself but to also encourage you as well. Jesus so badly wants you to know who you are in Him. When you don't know who you are in Him it saddens Him.. He died a horrible death to give you that identity and He wants you to claim it, receive it and live it! So, Fridays I will be doing a series called "Digging Deeper" And Mission #1 is digging deeper of who we are in Christ!  I pray you can follow and join me as we speak on this and share your thoughts and testimonies as well! =) Because we are all sisters in Him and we need to stand as one!
 
I hope you guys are having a very happy Friday! Love all Xoxo

No comments: