Tuesday, August 21, 2012
The day that changed my life.
I found out I was pregnant on March 8th around 11:40 pm. We just returned from a conference about a week before. Leon and I both had a feeling I was pregnant though he took it more seriously then I did by going out to buy the test. I wanted to wait a little longer but he wanted me to take it right away. I guess you could say I was a bit nervous I mean, the results of this test could change my life forever. So while Leon went down stairs to get some nachos. I went to go take the BIG TEST! As soon as I took it I left the room for a few minutes because I wanted Leon and I to find out together whether or not it was a big old "P" or a "N"
I went downstairs to go get my beloved and when we both came back up we looked at each other and I said "Can you grab it Leon" As he looked at it and smiled he said "It looks like you're going to be a mommy" I honestly didn't know what to think. I felt like I was dreaming and I needed to pinch myself to wake up. Could I really be pregnant? But sure enough I was! I felt like the biggest dream ever came true for me but a part of me was afraid. This was the biggest change in my life, and I was now responsible for a little life, a baby. plus at the time Leon didn't really have a career so financially I was terrified. But The Lord reminded me that everything would be okay and that He will supply all of our needs. I was reminded of a vision I had at the conference of a precious baby girl. And then the word "Faith" appeared. I didn't understand the meaning then. But that night it made perfect sense. So, I chose not to fear and not to worry because God would supply all of our needs. And just as He promised He did and always will!
And it was about a month later when we found out my dearest friend Krista is expecting. I couldn't have a better pregger buddy!
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise. 2 Peter 3:9
Impressive physical developments of the week: Little Evelynne's eyes are doing lots of blinking this week because they’re now responding to light and dark!
Baby States! 1.
1.How along: 28 weeks! Woohoo!!
2. Baby's size: About 14.8 in
3. Weight: 2.2 lbs
4. Maternity Clothes: Make room for my fall pregger wardrobe. I'm thinking I might do a maternity fashion show for you guys soon so you'll be able to see all my maternity clothes!
!5. sleep: The past two days sleep has been wonderful! The other night I slept like a baby. I didn't even have any bathroom stops. And last night I only had to get up and go once. Oh, happy nights!
6. Symptoms I have: I'm defiantly starting to feel pregnant. Not like I didn't feel pregnant before but feeling the extra weight is starting to kick in. Yesterday when I was cleaning the house I bent down to pick up the dust pan and I felt like I had a child on my back when I stood back up. And I'm getting tired a lot more often now.
7. Doctor’s Appointment: I have another one September 3rd. I'm always get excited to hear my baby's precious heartbeat!
8.Movement: Loving every move! I'm actually starting to feel her flip. Her kicks are a lot higher in my belly.
9. Belly Button: Still a innie.
10. Best moment of the week: I just love feeling her kick and move around. Moments like that are ones I will treasure and miss about being pregnant.
11.Food cravings: Salads and fruit. I've also had a craving for peanut butter cereal.
12. Foods I've been staying away from: Italian dressing.... blah!
13. Gender: Girl!!