Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Jesus makes me happy to be who I am!

You know, growing up I have always struggled with acceptance. I wanted everyone to like me and I wanted to be friends with everyone. But I honestly didn't know how much I was in bondage  from that until I became free from it. I would actually go out of my way, taking that extra mile and even doing things that made me look absolutely stupid just to get that "Bravo" from the piers, to get that "acceptance" that I desired. I didn't realize what I thought was good for me to be accepted by others was actually destroying me. That desire to be loved by others brought me emptiness inside. I was seeking acceptance from everyone except the One I should have been seeking acceptance from. I should have been desiring the thoughts of Jesus towards me and not the worlds point of view. Because from all those years of yearning to be accepted by others, from all those years of learning the hard way. I have learned a wonderful and awesome truth! That it is only the thoughts of Jesus towards me that really matters. That really fills that void in the spirit. And truly sets free.

 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.  Ephesians 2:10


And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
          2 Corinthians 12:9

To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.  Isaiah 61:3

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; Isaiah 61:1

  And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. John 17:22-23


 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.   Revelation 19: 7-8


And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.  For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-8


O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Psalm 139:1-2
I no longer try to figure out who I am through the world. And I am done with trying to win their approval in my life. Because God knows me better than anyone and it's His say that truly matters. And it is His thoughts of me that make me happy.

No comments: