Wednesday, February 29, 2012

He has made everything beautiful!

We've probably all heard at some point in our lives that God thinks we're beautiful and valuable, but maybe you don't truly believe it in your heart.  As I have talked with many girls, self image is a huge part in their lives. Questions constantly entering saying "Are we beautiful? and can we attain that? I have also been wrestling with self image since I was an early teenager. Self image became an obsession for me, and I would have to just look in the mirror and apologize for how hard I was on myself. If my figure didn't measure or compare to a girl I thought was beautiful, my thoughts would be " Okay, what do I have to do to look like that? 

I was putting too much thought in physical beauty. I mean, it's great to take care of our bodies and be healthy, but when it becomes an obsession, it makes our souls ugly. One thing God has really been working on me with and teaching me, is that true beauty comes from the heart and soul. It's beyond compare beauty only God can give. He can make everything beautiful!  He can take every struggle, even with the topic of self image and draw us closer to Him through it! It's that encouraging promise that "
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans
8:28.

God brings beauty from ashes, He transforms lilies among thorns. He can take a really painful and challenging situation, even struggles with beauty itself and bring good out of it!
1 Peter 3:3-4 Do not let your adorning be external- the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear- but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a women who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Song of Solomon 4:7 You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.
2 Corinthians 4:16 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.
1 Samuel 16:7 God does not view things the way men do. People look on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.
Happy Wednesday beauties!

No comments: