Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Thoughts from the mama after a battle wound.

Evelynne experienced her first "crawl wound" today as she was crawling and ran into the corner of our wall.... She took it like a champ! Only cried for a few minutes and after that she was ready to get back on the floor and play some more.. Mommy on the other hand.... I think it hurt me more than it did her.

Apart of me wants to hold her for the rest of her life. To just love on her and never let her go. (Not that I'm a crazy over protective mom or anything ;) ) I just love my sweet baby girl and I never want to see her hurt by this cruel world we live in.. But you know. I've realized if I were to do that she would be hurt by me more than anything else.. If I were to keep her away from things by the fear of her getting hurt. How would that be helping her? That will only keep her from learning. Learning what not to do, learning from mistakes, and living life. Because even though it's not God's will for His children to be hurt by this world. Truth is we live in a fallen world that's full of hurt. But Amen, that even though this world is full of hurt and pain. We have Jesus who has already won the victory and He is always our present help.  And no. I'm not saying that I'm going to let her party all night and do who knows what. Because that wont be happening. But if my daughter wants to glorify God by going to Peru or Africa to help those in need. I'm not going to let fear keep her from doing whats on her heart to do.. I want to encourage my daughter to chase her dreams to the fullest, to stand even if she falls millions of times, and to never be afraid.. I encourage my darling daughter to be fearlessly in love, to never give up, and to keep on standing no matter how many times she falls. 

Hmmm... yep, this is a glimpse of everything that crossed my mind today... Hope it makes sense to those who don't understand my mind!!  ;)

XOXO

6 comments:

Sandra said...

aww It does hurt the mommy worse!

kat said...

Aww poor lil darling xoxo for momma and baby

deb said...

Ouch! What a brave little girl.

Courtney B said...

Oh my gosh, I TOTALLY undersstand everything you're saying! It's crazy how these babies take over our hearts and the never ending, undying love we have for them!

Amanda Wissmann said...

Ugh. I totally understand. I have had many conversations with a mommy friend I have here about this subject. Some days I absolutley think I will never ever let Judah do anything. It took me forever to let him crawl around on the tile floor. Now he's doing amazing but not without a few bumps and bruises! Poor guy.

You're doing a fabulous job, mommy! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Poor darling! My now-three-year-old cut his eyebrow once when he first started toddling, and I thought the world was going to end. Now he has a quite distinctive scar, and I think the ladies will love it one day, just like I do. It's never easy to watch our babies get hurt.