Friday, March 8, 2013

Let your light shine!

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

One of my favorite scripture verses is Matthew 5:14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

I have such a heart to be a light where I am and to everyone around me. This verse helps me to remember that it's not about me, it's all about Him. And  no matter how I feel at the moment I must not give in to how I feel. Because I may miss an opportunity to show someone the love of Christ.  Because someone always needs it!

We are called to impact the world! To show God's love and shine for Him. I believe we can impact the world around us by just being who we are in Jesus. And not letting the things of this world get to us. To love with God's love and treating people with respect and kindness. I think people will notice that Jesus difference!

Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” John 8:12

Jesus is the light of the world! and His light is flaming through us! We carry the light of life within us and people want to know what that light is. They want to see light in the darkness!
When Jesus left He gave us the responsibility  to be the light of the world. We are called to make a difference to shine. What an opportunity we have everyday. No matter where we are. At your work, school, or even in your own home. and what a privilege that is to be His light to the world. This dark, hungry world that are longing for Him, longing for hope, longing for meaning!

Brothers and sisters, We have that hope, we have that longing fulfilled and we have the meaning within us. Because Jesus is inside of us! The time is now to share the light! It starts with one candle, it starts with one match! to light another, and another until the whole world hears and see's the love of God! Keep your lamps full of fire until the whole room is on fire for God!

“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:14

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
John 14:12
While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.”
John 12:36

The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. Revelation 21:23

There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever. Revelation 22:5

No comments: